Wine Tasting Sauvignon Blanc

 Name: Monkey Bay

Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Region: Marlborough

Country: New Zealand

Year: 2020

Price: $9


Winery Review: Very tropical on the nose, pineapple pear grass melon lime passion fruit minerals stone apricot honey, medium to low acidity, medium to long finish, stone and minerals in the palette.

Wine Folly (pg. 165): A white wine with strong herbaceous flavors and highly acidic. Unlike the online review, I agree with the wine folly about the acidity of this wine. It had a sharp taste that I believe could pair very nicely with something salty. I tasted hints of apple which wasn't mentioned in the book. 

My Review: A light bodied wine that was highly acidic. I tasted notes of apple and maybe a little citrus in there as well. I enjoyed this wine but wish the acidity was slightly weaker. The wine was chilled before consumption which definitely enhanced the flavors of the wine. I read about herbaceous and mineral flavors which I did not pick up on but could be worth trying it again knowing this information to see if I taste in on my palette. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period