Tasting - Feudo Dei Venti Chardonnay

 Name: Chardonnay 

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: Verolanuova, Southern Italy

Country: Italy

Year: 2017

Price: $10


Winery Review: On the nose subdued notes of apple and lemon. On the palate lemon peel. Simple, easy drinking, nothing really here. Drinks more like a basic sauv blanc. There's nothing off putting about it, just nothing interesting either. Paired with a Canadian halibut steak grilled on a redoak board.

Wine Folly (pg. 96): The book states that this white wine is a richer and creamier variation compared to the normal whites that you would expect. Since I have little experience drinking wine, I can't say for certain if I agree with this statement, however, as I continue to drink more throughout the semester I might be able to distinguish more about the different bodies of wines. There were hints of yellow apple and lemon peel, the book mentions a buttery aftertaste which I could not taste on my palate. 

My Review: Pretty good. As someone who isn't the biggest fan of wine I thought this wine had a very sweet and slightly acidic taste which I actually enjoyed. I mentioned earlier that I couldn't tell if the chardonnay was richer and creamier than other whites but the wine definitely did feel a little thick while drinking it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period