Tasting - Alamos Malbec

 Name: Malbec

Variety: Malbec

Region: Mendoza

Country: Argentina

Year: 2017

Price: $10


Winery Review: Pronouced aromas of crushed berries and black fruit. Dry, high acid and full bodied wine with long finish. Blackberry and jerky.

Wine Folly (pg. 125): The book mentions notes of tobacco and vanilla which I did not notice. I could taste the blackberrry and cherry however.The book says this wine doesn't have too long of a finish but I agree with the online review with the finish.  

My Review: I reviewed this wine with a couple of friends and we let the wine sit in a decanter for about 30 minutes before tasting. I immediately got hints of cherry and blackberry during my initial sniff and tasting. Although I am not the biggest fan of dry wines, I found this one to taste decent. I am also very interested to see how the wine might taste if it hadn't been decanted to see if there is a noticeable difference in the taste and smell. I will likely explore more options of Malbec in the future and test this theory out at a later time. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period