Wine Tasting - Riesling #2

 Name: Escher Haus

Variety: Reisling

Region: Rheinhessen

Country: Germany

Year: 2021

Price: $15


Winery Review: Very nice sipping wine. Good Apple flavor, home of pear with a great underlying mineral notes and an aftertaste reminiscent of wet stone. 


Wine Folly (pg 158): Wine Folly states this wine can range from dry whites to very sweet. This specific wine was definitely more on the sweeter side. Reisling has notes of lime, green apple, beeswax, jasmine, and petroleum. Like the previous Reisling I blogged about, I got the strongest notes from the apple with a slight citrus flavor, likely from the lime. The wine was a little less sweet than the previous Reisling but I think I enjoyed this wine a little more. 


My Review: I had tasted Riesling before and I was already a big fan of them. I love the apple flavor of the wine with a small taste of alcohol. This wine was a little less sweet than the previous Riseling I have tasted which I actually enjoyed more. As mention in the online review, there was a slight mineral aftertaste which I wasn't the biggest fan of. That flavor isn't something I am very used to which might be why it through me off, it might be interesting to see if I drink other white wines that make me start enjoying the taste of it in the future. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period