Wine Tasting - Reisling

 Name: Pacific Rim

Variety: Reisling

Region: Colombia Valley, Washington

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $15


Winery Review: Whoa! This wine is so delicious and refreshing when chilled. It taste notes of apple and pear, it almost has a taste most similar to a chilled apple cider. If you’re a newbie wine drinker, or just appreciate wines that taste more like a fruity, refreshing drink then this is your wine! I can not believe I found a wine that actually has lovely taste to it!


Wine Folly (pg 158): Wine Folly states this wine can range from dry whites to very sweet. This specific wine was definitely more on the sweeter side. Reisling has notes of lime, green apple, beeswax, jasmine, and petroleum. I got the strongest notes from the apple with a slight citrus flavor, likely from the lime. The sweetness of the wine may have come from beeswax but I can't be too sure. I did not get notes of jasmine or petroleum. 


My Review: I enjoyed this wine outside during the day. I found this wine to be quite light and refreshing and made my time outside much better. As mentioned above, the most prominent flavor notes I got was from the apple. The alcohol taste was very minimal and it tasted almost just like apple juice! This wine was great for the first glass, but as I got into the second, I felt that the sweetness was becoming a little bit overbearing. If this wine had been paired with something instead of being drunken straight, I believe I could have enjoyed this wine even more.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period