Wine Tasting - Rose

 Name: Josh Cellars

Variety: Rose

Region: Parlier, California

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $15


Winery Review: I really like Josh cellars wines. I believe the winery has only been making the rosé for a few years. I like it. it's good. I particularly like drinking a nice cold rose in the late spring or early summer. I find them very refreshing. not too sweet. a little dry which is what I prefer. in fact, the dryer, the wine, the happier I am!


Wine Folly: (Rose wasn't on Wine Folly, going off of an online source instead). The online source mentions notes of red fruits including strawberry, cherry, and raspberry as well as flavor profiles of flowers, citrus, melon, and celery. I definitely tasted some strawberry with some citrus notes. I did not taste anything resembling the flavor of celery or any melon. 


My Review: I enjoyed this wine very much. As someone who thinks that white wines can be too sweet and reds too dry, I found this to be a very nice middle ground. I found this wine to be pretty light and refreshing. Notes of strawberry and some sort of citrus were very prominent in this wine's flavor profile. The online source mentioned that there are sweet and dry roses, although I couldn't find which one this specific rose was, I am leaning towards this being a sweeter wine based on the taste. I hope to try a dry rose later on to see how the two compare with each other. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine Dinner 3rd Period